Friday, May 21, 2010

New shoes ? you don't need

How many of you didn't hear this more then once. This exact question whenever you were even glancing to the window of a shoe shop.
This fact makes me wonder how a normal girl can survive in this world. How she can face the challenge, of dressing, going out, traveling, maintaining a comfortable life style with a normal paycheck. Lets face it, we are not like in the movies, the big part of us don't have glamorous jobs, high-paid but we would all want the glamorous life. Why we shouldn't have access to all the beautiful stuffs, the must have shoes, or the newest Hermes bag?
I was reading today that to dress the girls from the Sex and the City they spent an impressing sum of 7 millions. Its outrages, and dont get me wrong, I love the girls, I loved the series and the movie, and I am among the number one fans. But how we can compete with that? How we can not go crazy ?
The world of today is feeding us with the images of the glamorous dresses, shoes and purses, and we have to stay cool and don't desire any of that ?
The answer is simple and this is the answer to the question of our boyfriends, husband, or life partners: "WHAT ? You want a new pair of shoes, but you have so many already.... you don't need."
YES we need, we have to have them, even if they are a pale imitations of those Jimmy Choo or Louboutin. I don't know from where this fascination and the must have of shoes comes from. This I think not even Freud can't answer.
So we need to shop and dress smart, find that perfect combination, between looking cheap and buying cheap. But How and Where.
These questions I will try to answer as I go along and discover tips that might help some of you I hope

No comments: